Monday, August 3, 2009

and here i am

So for awhile this blog existed pointlessly with only two lame-o posts on it. I was sort of waiting to get a new camera so that I could start posting photos and ramblings instead of just ramblings, but since a camera purchase is nowhere in the near future (I have important things to pay for like: rent, gas, food, coffee...you know), I have resigned myself to writing less visually stimulating blog posts for the time being. Besides, my life is going in all sorts of crazy directions, and I almost have to have a blog in order for people to keep up.

I'm writing this as I near the end of my first summer out of Covenant, and my first summer not living in Delaware. I am a freshman at life. It's weird, yet this has admittedly been one of the best summers I've ever had, even though it's been away from the beach. I live in a great house that is NOT on the mountain and NOT full of drama, my brother moved to Chattanooga, I went to Windy Gap, I no longer have school to think about, and I have big plans for the future. I am free, independent, and scared out of my mind.

I am waiting on the most life-changing phone call of my life- where Young Life International wants me to go. It's scary, but I really just want to know so that I can move on to getting there...I'm trying to gear myself up for the challenges I'll face in the next year, but I have a feeling that I have no idea what God has waiting for me. Story of my life! But for now I am content to live in my favorite US city and work without really using my degree while raising money to go overseas and spending time with the people I love in the ministry I love, even if it is only for one more year. I was just sitting on my couch today thinking about how God really has me in His hands. To suddenly find myself living in a seemingly random city 700 miles from what was once my home, completely happy, with a community of amazing friendships, in a life that is completely different from the one I had 4 years ago, and even from the one I had 1 year ago, is mind-blowing to me. He has taken me so far. It sure makes trusting him with the next 3-4 years of my life a little easier.


No comments: